so, what have those two weeks looked like? here is a little taste!
we arrived late on a Saturday & had to hunt down sheets, blankets and...pillows.shoot...what were we thinking?!? we decided to buy new pillows when we arrived in new york. challenging when it is midnight! oops! so, this is how we slept!

trash.boxes.bubble wrap took over our little apartment. i say little because when you add stuff...it shrinks. quickly. and we really got rid of so much stuff.

oh that's right...we forgot about our bedroom.
wait. there is hope. a clean kitchen!and just a tease of our apartment! a full tour will come...soon.
time to get the pups. let me tell you this was an adventure. we took the train (subway) to jason's work in the bronx, walked a mile, picked up an interesting van from classic & headed toward long island in 5pm peak Friday traffic. round trip journey 6 hours! to go 60 miles!
skyline from the bridge above. uh, it's nice to get out of the city.
and actually see the sky!

yay. they're here! traumatized. but here.
fun fact provided by my cousin.
shannon elizabeth's (american pie actress) dog flew on our flight!

we enjoyed an afternoon lunch in little italy.
and are hunting down the best cannoli in NY for a very special someone.



jason treated me to the sytycd tour! ridiculous. i enjoyed every moment of it. it is incredible to see dancers like these live & in person!Kayla not winning still just irritates us...she is incredible!
but, after going to the tour it's clear. girls hate on how freaking gorgeous, talented & amazing she is. people hardly even cheer for her!
COME on!! :)
moving on.
the lesson we learned...don't go to shows outside the city without a car. painful.
but, definitely treat ourselves to this tour next season again.
last night, we headed to yankee stadium for game 2 of the yankees/angels series!WOW. what a game! 46 degrees. rain. extra innings. and a yankees' win. bummer.
jason and i were dying to see
50,000 drunk, cold, yankees fans leave the stadium with their heads hanging low.



luckily, our seat was covered, just barely. two rows in front of us were getting hit.
but...it was flippin' cold!! our drink got colder as the night went on.

ahhh...never too cold for ice cream!
jason could have killed someone with his vanilla ice cream. it was that hard!

the rain has arrived. and the dogs are geared. not loving it but geared.
so, you don't see many bassets in the city...at all. people Ooooo and Aaahhhh them every time we take them out. We kind of wondered why...today answered that question...








8 comments:
Megs & Jason! Thank you for these picutres and your impressions, reactions, and haps anecdotals! Yeah! I love you both!
Thanks for the fun update! You guys are going to have so much fun in NYC...though, hearing your weather-related tidbits reminds me that So Cal is easy living in the weather department! We need to make a plan to come visit...I have never been to NYC and Emme would have a ball, too! Emme loves for me to show her your blog and she says, "Megan! Jason!"
Love you guys!
I am laughing and have tears in my eyes (sad tears)!!! First off Central Park looks AMAZING... I cant stop laughing at the NYC Pumpkin Patch- and the pups in the rain, this is too funny. 6 hours to go 60 miles to get the dogs, crazy... and I thought the drive to LA was bad here! Dang you had like a galizion boxes in your apartment. I cant wait to see more tours of the apartment now. I love the picture of you and Jason at the game, you both looked so happy! Tell Jason he is crazy eating Ice cream in that cold of weather, then again , I love ice cream so much I may have done the same. That cannoli looks pretty amazing... keep hunting for me so when i come you can take me. Love you both and so happy to see what you have been up to!
I LOVE the pictures!!!! It must be a bizarre mixture of heartache and intrigue. I hope it starts to feel like home soon! I LOVE your dogs! They are SO CUTE. Central Park, what a dream! I heard they lost LOTS of trees in a storm recently. I think I read that in the New Yorker. My favorite magazine!!! You should definitely subscribe! I always, but try not to, look at all of the zillion cool things there is to do in that city! Have fun and keep posting!!!
oh and my friend Lane has lived in NYC some years now. You might enjoy reading her blog about the city! http://lanewrites.blogspot.com/
Hope you guys are finally getting settled! I love the picture of you and Jason at the baseball game, your hat is adorable!! I am so jealous you get to experience fall and winter in NY. I bet NY looks amazing during the holidays! Take lots of pictures!!
How did I miss this post? I'm so glad that your unpacking is done! That looked terrible! But what a good feeling when your in a newly organized space and everything is clean. =) I'm cracking up at the NYC pumpkin patch. Heheh. OK, Your dogs in the rain coats are the best. I love it! SO so so cute. It made me smile =)I can't agree more with you guys with Kayla not winning. Such a joke. I'll have to look for the tour to come here next season. Tht would be a lot of fun to go to. I can't believe Jason was eating icecream in that weather. He looked freezing!
I'm so glad things are starting to come together for the two of you there!
Post a Comment