Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Fall Inspired Sunday

yesterday was cold, wet and dark. bummer, considering we had two amazing days during the work week. the rain pounded the gray sidewalk for hours, the sky rumbled and roared with thunderstorms as the lightning fought back with a bright crackle and flash. the pups pouted at the entry to our building because they didn't want to face the storm.

we spent the day on canal street with jason's friend ellen who is in town for her class reunion. we had lunch in china town and a yummy dessert in little italy. best cannoli in NYC...FOUND! walked the streets shopping and chatting.

today was glorious, the reason everyone brags about NYC fall weather. finally we got a taste. the sky glistened a crystal blue, the trees glowed a golden yellow in the warm sunlight and the squirrels scurried around central park with excitement in their step.






we walked around central park for a few hours and covered about 4 miles with the pups. they didn't seem to mind for a second about the distance, (we usually have to drag them down the block) they devoured the fall smells as jason and i would stop and try to capture the beauty of the season. i've decided, i will post pictures of central park in every season. it truly is a bit of heaven in a very hectic city.





all of these fall colors inspired me to deck out our mantel in some festive fall colors. our fall halloween inspired mantel.



this weekend starts week four in NY. and i definitely have moments that i am so ready to be back in CA. poor jason has to deal with my moments of tears and frustration. it has just been very hectic with EVERYTHING being brand new. we have booked our flights to come home for thanksgiving and i am so excited!!

11 comments:

Patti said...

Wowzers! I can't wait to pound the streets of NYC @ C'mas with the fam. Thanks for these updates, Lambie!

Patti said...

RE: Crying jab comment ... because I miss you. Yes, whine and whimpering should be inflected! XO

Erica said...

Oh everything is beautiful Megan, and I am so glad to hear you had wonderful weather. I am loving your scenic pictures of NY, oh how I cant wait to come and see you and that amazingly beautiful Central Park. Your mantel looks so cute!!! I love the spider webs on the mirror, and that canolli looks fantastic! Im hoping I will get to see you when you are down for Thanksgiving- you should go shopping with Linds and I on black friday...

lindseyflood said...

I am in love with the first picture of the dogs! It is so cute, you should frame that at put it in your apartment. Everyone says falls is beautiful there. I can see why now. I miss you and can't wait to see you in November!

lindseyflood said...

Oh I forgot, I love the halloween sign on your mantel. too cute!

marcia said...

How did I forget about the yummy-ness of Little Italy! Glad to see some pics and that you guys are settling in for NYC during the holidays! so fun! :)

Nicole said...

Megan, your pictures of central park do NOT look real! How beautiful! Glad you are getting settled in your new home/state. The doggy pic is my fav :)

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

those trees. Seriously? There is nothing in so cal like that. Gorgeous! I love central park! I am glad that you are getting some sunshine :)

Brooke said...

I love all your Halloween and fall decorations!! Central park is amazing and I am so jealous you get to go there whenever you want. Hope you both are adjusting well, looks like the dogs are! Miss you!

Erica said...

I know your busy but I cant wait to see more of your home! Love you

Erica said...

Im waiting for an update, we still havent seen the finished apartment! I miss you...