**update: our trip has been pushed back to the first weekend in august! Eek...more time to think about this.
it was two friday evenings ago, we were eating dinner...when it was first mentioned. i brushed it off & didn't even mention it to my mom because why even bother when i know they aren't REALLY serious. just another possibility being thrown out on the table.
the weekend past with no other mention about it. the new week rolled around & then the discussion got more serious. we might be moving. not down the street, not a short trek through california but across the country. 3,000 miles away from everything we know.
jason has been asked to consider taking a position as the operations manager in the Big Apple! Seriously. New York, New York. this is when you realize, plan for things but be ready to open your eyes & hearts to other possibilites, other opportunities. i would have never said 6 months ago...we will be potentially moving across the freakin' country!
so, we will soon be taking a trip to NYC to check it out & see if that is our next adventure. can we say CRAZY!?!?!
this might be the view out the window of our next home! insane!
now most of you know that i adore New York. i love that city & have always thought it would be cool to live there. now...it could be our reality & there is a lot to think about...i mean an E.NOR.MOUS amount of things to think about. and when it could possibly be our reality the "daydreaming" part of it dissipates...and leaves you thinking...which decision is the best?we leave Sunday...yep, this sunday to go check it out & see if it is our best fit!
Wow...crazy...we'll keep you posted!
7 comments:
I cant believe this is FOR REAL... when you first mentioned it to me, I thought oh cool but no way. Now im having to face reality and realize it may happen. We will have to maintain a friendship 3,000 miles away. I better get hooked up to skipe! I'm glad you guys are going now to check it out before you make a decision.
Sigh! You know I will support you and Jason! Do what's right for YOU both! <3
That is huge! But it would be so fun to move somewhere new! What an adventure it would be! Keep us posted!
I know you two will make the right decision. I think it's great that you are going to be checking it out for a few days. Sometimes I think how refreshing it would be to go somewhere new, but I think I'd chicken out! I'm too dependent =) I want the best for you and Jason so if that means your best is in New York, I'm just going to have to plan some trips!
How cool Megs!! I know we would all miss you, but now is the time to live it up!!
Don't leave me! Just kidding. I love New York- that would be such a fun adventure for you two!!
DO IT!!! Oh how I wish I had!!!
Post a Comment