Thursday, December 11, 2008

'Tis the Season...

...for family traditions!
growing up we always had a fantastic time during the holidays. jer & i would search for our gifts in our parents closest. i'm not so good with surprises! we would go for a drive or walk to look at christmas lights. waking up for school in a warm house, just the christmas lights on the tree adding a beautiful glow & christmas music playing softly in the background (thanks mom..that's one of my favs). who could forget our christmas movie tradition...christmas vacation! if you haven't seen it...you must! it is a totally imperfect holiday that is truly priceless!

jason & i have been getting in the spirit whenever we can (work is keeping us busy). what have we done so far you ask?

saw handel's messiah at the orange county performing arts center.
checked out some amazing christmas lights in redondo beach! a big thanks to sarah & rory! we had a blast drinking hot chocolate & taking in the gorgeous houses & lights with you guys!


a new tradition - my mom & i decorated her gorgeous new mantel & tree! (i will post photos soon!)
and jason & i have watched christmas vacation & elf!

more holiday cheer coming soon...
a holiday dinner with friends at the Flood's. (2nd annual...so fun)
christmas eve dinner at our house for jason's family & mine.
and christmas...of course!

what is your family up to this holiday season?

2 comments:

Dee said...

Hooray for the holidays! That was so fun to read! I love hearing others' traditions! Christmas vacation is SO FUNNY! I've got to watch that. I also love Home Alone. I bet my kids would love it this time of year! I don't think I've seen ELF! I hear it's hysterical! OH MY so much to do, so many movies to watch. It's overwhelming!!! Can't believe only 2 weeks left! I'm going to work on my check list of things to do!

lindseyflood said...

Thanks Meg for sharing your traditions. I'm going to do a post like this to share ours too, so look out for that. I love Christmas vacation too, but my absolute favorite is Elf. I laugh hysterically every time he goes up that stupid escalator! Or when he yells SANTA!!! SO funny!